Where we work
MedGlobal works in difficult-to-reach areas, devastated by war, natural disasters, famine and ethnic cleansing. Where individuals have poor access to healthcare and many NGOs choose not to venture. To date we have sent missions to Bangladesh, Yemen, and Puerto Rico, with plans to expand to Lebanon.
How we work
We serve local populations wherever they are, in partnership with organizations who know the area and its people the best. Our country teams integrate evidence-based medical and humanitarian practices as they work toward sustainable impact and post-crisis recovery. We work collaboratively and help local organizations build capacity and find long-term solutions to some of the world’s greatest challenges.
We employ data and technology in our sustainable development planning. Our doctors and health workers are trained in current medical innovations and practices. They educate local workers and also collect data, which we then use to assess long-term needs and plan for sustainable approaches. We are developing data platforms for up-to-date record keeping and as a way to ensure the quality of patient care as medical teams rotate.
In all of our work, we embrace humanitarian principles and ethical standards. We believe in promoting international, intercultural, and interfaith action for the common good. We counter injustice, hate, violence, and extremism through peace-building and advocacy.
- Training local healthcare workers and building sustainable health solutions
- Driven by data to ensure the solutions meet local needs
- Integrating evidence-based medical and humanitarian practices
- Embracing humanitarian principles and ethical standards
- Partnering with local healthcare workers and non-governmental organizations
- Practicing ethnographic and cultural sensitivity
- Spearheading medical innovation and technology
- Engaging digital platforms for record-keeping and interventions
- Embracing green practices
- Advocating for sensible and equitable healthcare and humanitarian policies
- Planning for sustainable development and post-crisis recovery
- Collaborating with global organizations including academic, governmental and UN bodies
- Countering injustice, hate, violence, and extremism through peace-building
- Promoting international, intercultural, and interfaith action for the common good